Under what circumstances your vehicle can be challaned ?
Enforcement agencies deploy its team for regulating, monitoring, enforcing the Motor Vehicle Act.You may be stopped by one of these teams. You may be asked to produce the following documents in original :
- Driving licence
- Registration book of vehicle
- Insurance certificate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Permits (for commercial vehicles only)
- Certificate of fitness (for commercial vehicles only)
- Road Tax Receipt (for commercial vehicles only)
If you are not carrying the above mentioned documents or found violating any of the Traffic Rules/Regulations,you may be challaned.Your document and even vehicle may also be impounded depending on the violation under the rules of MV Act 1988, CMVR 1999 and DMV Rule 1993.
Last Update Date :- 12-06-2018
Page last updated on: 25-11-2020