Illustrative cases coming under the Right to Information Act
- Operation of fair price shops, availability , quality of commodities supplied. Action taken on complaints of diversion of stocks, non supply to genuine card holders.
- Matters relating to issue of driving licences, registration of vehicles, training for obtaining driving licences, refresher training, inspections conducted, observance of the Motor Vehicle Act and Rules, prescription of fees and charges for various services/facilities provided for or administered by the Department of Transport.
- Complaints about the management of Cooperative Societies and action taken by the Registrar of Cooperative Societies on such complaints.
- Processes followed for registration of documents and issue of certificates by Sub- Registrars.
- Information about the maintenance of public parks, roads of MCD/NDMC and encroachment on public areas or public property.
- Details about road construction, quality of material used, measurement books and award of tenders.
- Criteria followed for acceptance or rejection of applications for admission to institutions/ schools.
- Observance of govt. circulars/administrative instructions relating to filling up of posts.
- Criteria for recruitment through Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board.
- Deployment of sweepers, sanitary inspectors in a specific area or colony, names of the employees and those engaged on muster roll.
- Work orders issued by agencies like MCD alongwith names of contractors, amount paid to them and names of supervisory officials. Date of completion of the work.
- Unauthorized construction in colonies -action taken on complaints.
- Action taken on complaints relating to encroachment on public property.
Last Update Date :- 01-05-2018
Page last updated on: 25-11-2020