- Online Appointment and Payment for Driving License
- Necessity of Driving Licence
- Types of Driving Licence
- Learner Licence
- Question bank for Computer Learner License Test
- Permanent Driving Licence
- Addition of another class of Motor Vehicles
- Renewal of Driving Licence
- Duplicate Driving Licence
- Other State Driving Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cancelled Driving License
- Suspension of Driving Licence on the direction of Supreme Court Committee
- Authorized Motor Driving Training School
- Training Test Results Delhi WR (LONI)
- Training Test Results Sarai Kale Khan
- Training Test Results Burari
- Driver Refresher Training Course Institute
- Driver Badge and Duplicate Driver Badge
- Conductor's Licence - Renewal and Duplicate
Renewal of Driving Licence
Any licensing authority may, on application made to it, renew a driving a driving licence issued under the provisions of MV Act, 1988 with effect from the date of its expiry:
Provided that in any case where the application for the renewal of licence is made more than thirty days after the date of its expiry, the driving licence shall be renewed with effect from the date of its renewal:
Documents required for Renewal of Driving Licence:-
For Private Licence:
1. Application in Form No.9.
2. Two copies of your recent passport size photograph.
3. Original Driving license held.
4. Self-Attested copies of Valid Proof of age and residence.
5. Form No.1 self-declaration of physical fitness.
6. Prescribed fee
7. Valid Medical Certificate in form No.1A (In case of applicants of age above 40 years).
For Commercial License:
1. The above documents as required in Private License
2. Valid Medical Certificate in form No.1A
3. Driver refreshing Training certificate in case of HMV.
4. One day/short period Re-Fresher Training course for all other category of Commercial vehicles.
Fee for Renewal of a Driving Licence: - The Appropriate Fee as specified in Rule 32 of CMVR is-
|S. NO||Type of DL||Description
(a) Including grace period
(b) After grace period
300+1000(each year or part thereof)+ 200 (Smart Card)
Procedure for renewal of Driving Licence:-
The driving licence is required to be renewed on or after expiry of its validity. The applicant has to approach to the local Zonal office for the same.The private driving licence is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or till the applicant turn 50 years of age, whichever happens earlier. However, if the licence is for a commercial, passenger or goods vehicle it must be renewed after every three years. The applicant having a commercial licence,amedical certificate is required and also in any other case where the applicant has attained the age of 40 years.
Page last updated on: 18,Jan 2019