- LIST OF GOVT. APPROVED MOTOR DRIVING TRAINING SCHOOLS
- RITES REPORT APRIL 2010
- Draft of Contract Carriage Agreement
- Fare revision of Public Service Vehicles
- Meeting of UTT Committee
- Notification No.19(54)- Tpt.- Sectt.- 2006-130
- Order regarding Cancellation of Registrations
- Permit Conditions in pursuance to High Court
- Permit of CNG propelled Stage and Contract Carriage Omni Bus
- Plan Scheme For Grant in Aid to NGOS for Road Safety for the year 2006-07
- Public Notice For Ashok Vihar Office
- Public Notice for Cancellation of Registration
- Public Notice regarding conversion of Private Vehicles
- RC Machine Zone Readable Software
- Report of expert committee on the matter of auto rickshaws fare revision
- Revision of Fairs charges by public service vehicles
- Sanction order for Grant-in-Aid to NGOs for Road Safety
Public Notice for Cancellation of Registration of More Than 15 Years
Govt. of NCT of Delhi: Transport Department
5/9, Under Hill Road, Delhi – 110054
The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in W.P(C) 13029/85 in the matter of M.C.Mehta versus Union of India and others vide its order dated the 28th July 1998 had, interalia directed to restrict plying of commercial vehicles including Taxies which were 15 years old, by October 2, 1998.
In pursuance of above directions, the registered owners of 15 year old commercial vehicles were required to ensure that these commercial vehicles do no ply in NCT of Delhi. The owner had to obtain either a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE and remove the vehicle out of NCT of Delhi or if the vehicle had become permanently incapable of use, the owner was to inform and submit the Registration certificate of the vehicle to the registering authority within fourteen days or as soon as may be, for cancellation of Certificate of Registration under section 55 of MV Act.
To ensure compliance of the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Transport Department has taken steps to stop grant of fitness /renewal of permit of commercial vehicles as soon as vehicles attained the age of 15 years. It has been observed that a number of vehicles, the details of which are given here below, have not obtained a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE so far evidencing removal thereof from Delhi; even upon attaining the age of 15 years. These vehicles have either become incapable of use or are being kept and plied in NCT of Delhi in violation of above referred direction of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Accordingly, a notice is hereby given to the owner and any other person having possession of these commercial vehicles to obtain a No Objection Certificate and transfer these vehicles out of NCT of Delhi within a period of one month of publication of this notice failing which the registration of these vehicle shall be cancelled after the expiry of this period pursuant to the provision of Section 55 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 as the vehicles have become incapable of use and its use in public place would constitute a danger to the public.
(Subhash Chandra) MLO(H.Q.)/
Details of more than 15 year of commercial vehicle registered at MLO(H.Q.)
Page last updated on: 20,Feb 2019