- Online Appointment and Payment for Driving License
- Necessity of Driving Licence
- Types of Driving Licence
- Learner Licence
- Question bank for Computer Learner License Test
- Permanent Driving Licence
- Addition of another class of Motor Vehicles
- Renewal of Driving Licence
- Duplicate Driving Licence
- Other State Driving Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cancelled Driving License
- Suspension of Driving Licence on the direction of Supreme Court Committee
- Authorized Motor Driving Training School
- Training Test Results Delhi WR (LONI)
- Training Test Results Sarai Kale Khan
- Training Test Results Burari
- Driver Refresher Training Course Institute
- Driver Badge and Duplicate Driver Badge
- Conductor's Licence - Renewal and Duplicate
Learner’s Licence:-Learner’s Licence is a temporary licence valid upto 6 month only. It is issued to learn driving of Motor Vehicles. The provision of sub-section (1) of section 3 shall not apply to a person while receiving instructions or gaining experience in driving with the object of presenting himself for a test of competence to drive a motor vehicle. There is painted in the front and the rear of the vehicle or on a plate or card affixed to the front and the rear, the letter “L” in red on a white background.
Documents required for Learner’s Licence:-The following documents along with Learner’s Licence Form, are required for obtaining of a Learners’ Licence.
(i) Application- cum - Declaration as to physical fitness, Form-1
(ii) Two copies of applicant’s recent passport size photograph.
(iii) Valid Form-1A (for transport vehicle license and for applicants above 40 years of age in case of other categories)
(iv) Application for grant of learner’s license Form – 2
(v) Self-Attested copy of proof of residence
(vi) Self-Attested copy of proof of age
(vii) Self-Attested copy of proof of Educational Qualification- minimum 8th standard Pass (for transport vehicle’s license)
(viii) Copy of effective light motor vehicle driving license, already held for at least one year (in case of transport vehicle learner’s license) and completed the age of 20 years on the date of application.
(ix) Prescribed fee.
Eligibility for obtaining a Lerner’s Licence: - Section 4 provides that a person who has completed sixteen years of age may obtain a driving licence to drive a motor cycle without gear whose engine capacity does not exceed 50 cc with the consent of parent/guardian of the applicant.
To drive a motor vehicle other than a transport vehicle, the person must have completed eighteen (18) years of age on the date of application.
Fee for Learner’s Licence: - TheAppropriate Fee as specified in rule 32 of CMVR, 1989 is-
|S. NO||Type of DL||
|Revised Fee (Rs.)|
|1||Learner's Licences for each class of vehicle (1+2+3 of table in Rule - 32 of CMVR)||
1 . For one category (150+50+300)
2. For two categories (300+50+600)
3. For three categories
|2||Learner's Licence retest||50||50|
Criteria /Procedure to issue a Lerner’s Licence:-
After verification of the documents applicant will have to go through a learner test. Before learner test, color blindness inspection and movements of limbs is carried out. A computer based multiple choice objective test is conducted and whoever correctly answers sixty percent questions put to him is declared pass.
A question bank about the contents of learner's test like Road signs, Traffic rules & regulations for the learners licence is provided on the website of the department.
The learner licence is issued to the applicant on the same day. The Learner’s Licence is valid for a period of six months from the date of issue.
Learner’s Licence for E-Rickshaw/E-Cart
Test for E-rickshaws/E-cart drivers:-An oral based preliminary test in place of computerized test is conducted by putting objective type questions on the matters referred in Rule-11 of CMVR to the E-rickshaw learner’s licences.
Documents for E-cart: - The following documents are required.
1. Application-cum-declaration as to physical fitness Form-1
2. Medical certificate in Form-1A.
3. Application for grant of Learner’’ Licence in Form-2
4. Self-Attested Proof of residence
5. Self-Attested Proof of age
6. Appropriate fee as specified in Rule-32 of CMVR, 1989.
Procedure:- The applicant shall apply to the licensing authority in whose jurisdiction he/she resides, applicant must have completed 20 years of age.
The Information regarding various Zonal Offices from where applicant can obtain this service is available on the website.
Page last updated on: 18,Jan 2019